In many cases, you should begin planning at least a year in advance for your education abroad experience. Think through what you hope to gain from this experience by considering some of these questions:
- Do you want to study in a different language?
- Are you interested in being gone for a short period of time, or a longer time like a full semester or year?
- Are you interested in participating in service activities while abroad?
- What academic credits will you need, or are you looking to earn? If you earn credits abroad, do you need them to transfer back to UD?
- Is there a region of the world or specific country that interests you?
Know your options
Educate yourself on the options that are available to you as a University of Dayton student.
- Use the Education Abroad program search tool to research the options available to you.
- Learn about the different types of programs available to you through the University of Dayton.
- Attend an info session (schedule will be listed on this website's announcements).
- Attend the Education Abroad fair in the Fall semester.
- Once you've thought through some of your options, schedule a time to meet with an Education Abroad representative.
You're one step closer to applying for and preparing for your study abroad experience!